Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A world of contrasts...

It's so interesting this world that we live in. I've been really getting into running lately and decided to run the 26.2 with Donna Breast Cancer 1/2 marathon in honor of one of my friends and second mother, Mrs. Kathy, a breast cancer survivor. I really enjoyed the experience because all of the money went to breast cancer research. After running, I was talking with a friend about the concept of running. Really, I love to hate it. I would never say I enjoy to willfully put myself through the pain you feel when your muscles ache and you walk funny after a good long run, but the endorphins are fantastic! This picture, I think, best illustrates my feelings about running. This is also a photo after the 1/2 in Jacksonville. It's the same with many things in my life though. There are plenty of disciplines in my daily walk with God that some days, I love to hate. But with each action, I get stronger!!




1 comment:

brittany said...

thanks for thinking of my mom! you are so great!