Monday, July 13, 2009

Este Dia

Greetings friends and family!

I thought I would update you all on what's been going on lately. I think I haven't updated lately because I didn't think my life was FABULOUS enough to have comments. I was thinking about it and realized how crazy that sounds! BEING ALIVE is FABULOUS so if I have air in my lungs and a pulse, that's something to comment about. Recently, I moved down to Hillsboro Beach to live with my Dad in lovely South Florida. I've been working with a local church down here, volunteering with the Blessings Food Pantry and a homeless ministry through the church. It's been a blessing to be a domestic missionary, as I prepare to become an international missionary. I've enjoyed living in South Florida and having the time with my Dad and family. As far as Costa Rica is concerned, I am preparing to go in August if all goes according to plan. One thing I've learned in this process is that God's plan is NOT my plan (big surprise). I've also learned that God's more concerned in the journey than the destination. Often (some days VERY often) I wonder why I'm not in Costa Rica yet. But God reminds me that His timing is not mine, and the lessons He is teaching me now are just as important as the lessons to come in Costa Rica. Bloom where you're planted and enjoy today's blessings because tomorrow's not promised! Anyway, that's all to my crazy life for now...
More to come!

No comments: