Sunday, August 16, 2009

reality in motion...

Believe it or not, this is my last full week in the US. My heart beats a little faster now, as I get more and more excited about the upcoming days of my life. What a gift to be a part of what God's doing in Costa Rica. Neat things have been happening lately. God's been very visible in various ways lately, but I'll just give you one example.

I had a meeting with a pastor from Christ Church, talking about ministry and missions, what God's doing and what He's done. He asked me about my needs, and God put David, a local Costa Rican missionary, on my heart. He was hit by a drunk driver and his car was almost totaled, making much of his ministry difficult without the money to fix his car. Amazingly, the church donated enough money for him to be able to fix the major components so his car will function again. God's so good! It's amazing to see the Body of Christ working together to meet the needs of other members. Praise God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog-my first time- and seeing your sweet smiling face with your friends and family. I am also very sorry about your grandmother. YOU are an amazing young lady who is serving an AWESOME God. Take care of YOU! Mrs. R

Unknown said...

My google account is for a book club and I didn't think the title would follow me around everywhere. I've never commented on a blog before, so I'll play with it some. Otherwise, know the "our book club" is me ; ) Mrs. Robinson