Thursday, June 3, 2010

thoughts

well, i had some time today, so i'm here at a coffee shop writing down my thoughts...scary! haha

i just returned from a short visit to the states, to see family and go to one of my best friend's wedding. the transition back to costa rica has been much harder than i excepted. i think i forget what i'm giving up living in another country, until i go home and all of the sudden remember.

after this trip, i honestly understand the verse in John 15:19"If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world."
It's strange to live between two cultures. I know I'm from the US but the culture moves quickly; life moves quickly, so that when I return, it doesn't fit like it used to. On the other hand, I'm not Costa Rican and never will be. Some days, this culture drains me; it doesn't matter how many years that I live here, I will never truly understand this place either. So where is my home? Where will I be accepted? Where do I go to feel at rest and comforted?

The only place that matters: the arms of my Savior. The only place I will feel at home is with the one who is the only constant in my life: JESUS. It's a good lesson to learn. I hope, whatever is going on in your life, whatever changes and decisions, that you will remember this truth as well...that home is where Christ lives...inside you.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Thanks for the well spoken insight...never been outside my own culture...thanks for the view of 'home' in Jesus.

Dennis