Wednesday, July 27, 2011

life's lessons when you're complaining.

A few days ago, I got word of a rather large decrease in our support due to a donating church which has decided to no longer donate. It was difficult to understand, and I spent the night freaking out asking why God was doing this to me, telling Him I would no longer be a missionary if he keeps treating me like this. I know it's quite dramatic, but it just came at a bad moment. I'm about to get married in a couple of weeks, we're starting our lives of together, and one wants to feel supported and affirmed in what you do and the steps of faith you're taking. I was being a whiny baby to my fiance and our friend, Beto. They were listening, trying to put my drama into perspective with the truth of God's character and promises. I was thinking about all their comments, then I looked over at our friend, Beto.

Beto has been living with Chino, my fiance, for a few days. His sister kicked him out of the house because he was a full-time missionary living with his family=not helping much with the family expenses, but busy making an impact for the Lord. His church basically kindly got rid of him, not allowing him to play worship or teach very often. He's a friend with a heart for God, wants to be a missionary, and has very little financial support.

At the Isla neighborhood last night, we got word that a dear family with whom we work has to move out of the house they rent and has no where to go. They are 8 in total and are praying to figure out what to do and where to go. They have peace in the storm because they know God will provide, they just don't know how.

I thought about Beto, in the midst of our situation. If God will provide for Beto and if Beto can be content in the difficult, I'd rather have that faith in the God who's never let me down, than running around like a wild woman, griping about the hardships of being a missionary. If God can take care of a family of 8 and provide a place for them to live, whom shall I fear? God is good, that never changes. His provision is forever.

No comments: