There's a word here in Costa Rica.."polo"..No, not chicken, that's pollo. Polo is someone who's a hick or from the country. Not saying that people from the country are hicks but here that's how it's used...to poke fun at someone. Well, lately I've used it to describe myself. The handle on my driver's side door doesn't work right now...it's falling out of the door, one could say. So I'm reminiscent of the Dukes of Hazard lately. Ususally, I have to climb out the passenger door, but if I wanted to be full polo, I could climb through the window. Just to be cool. I understand now why the Dukes had a car that was close to the ground, because if I tried to climb through window of my SUV, I'd need a step stool or at least a good running start...Not as cool in hot pursuit in a high speed chase...
Yesterday, we had a great meeting about what we'll do this year in the Precario neighborhood and the Red Light District. Some things to come this year are...
3 breakfasts a week for the kids
a soccer camp
work with the women of the precario
manicure/pedicure courses to start microbusinesses
2 children's clubs each week
discipleship focused by family
tutoring
I'm so excited to finally be in the Precario 4-5 times a week. God has blessed us with some really great new volunteers who are going to be a huge help...Please pray that God will do HIS WILL this year and that we would die to our own desires!
No comments:
Post a Comment