Wednesday, March 24, 2010

lately...an update from life without internet...

Well, here I am sweating it out at a local internet cafe..trying to keep you all informed at what Gods been doing lately. The BIGGEST BLESSING is the above photo. This is the women´s group God has allowed us to start. These women are thirsty to learn more about Christ and what it means to be a Christian, so we´re learning together...Thank you for your prayers. God is faithful. Please continue to pray that God would give us opportunities to love and serve this lovely ladies...

Last week, my parents came to visit. We went to Volcan Poas...

and they brought me a TON of supplies for the precario, to give to these children I work with...Thank you Quill Turk for once again providing us with toothbrushes to hand out!!
Along with toothbrushes, my parents brought toothpaste and shoes!!!!!!!!! These kids are going to go crazy for the shoes because theyre not hand me downs! Thank you mom and dad and everyone whom contributed+ grandma thank you for the coloring books and crayons!! We used the Easter eggs that my parents brought to speak about rebirth...they had NEVER heard of hunting easter eggs and thought Americans were crazy!
My parents stayed at an awesome hotel with incredible flowers and a garden. You couldnt ask for a place more beautiful than this!
These were two of my favorites...I know the names of about two types of flowers in this country!

My tico family, mom and dad, and roomate...We went to a great restaurant with a view of the central valley...
Of course we went to the precario...



I taught about Jesus walking on water and what our fears are in our lives...Your prayers AGAIN are essential...the kids have been BEHAVING...a miracle...only by prayer and God´s grace!!

There´s a little tiny update...I will try to get to the internet cafe more often...then maybe one day my internet at my house will work! ¡

No comments: