Friday, August 27, 2010

ONE YEAR AGO...

One year ago, I got on a airplane with 2 large suitcases and a giant box. I spoke broken Spanish; I knew one person living in the country. My greatest fear was where to find my favorite veggie burgers. My greatest dream was to end poverty in Costa Rica ;) and speak Spanish every day to share Christ! It's a miracle what God has done in me in one year. This year has been a giant step of faith but...

My Father has never left my side.

I've felt alone, happy, depressed, discouraged, forgiven, thrilled, tired, frustrated, blessed, useful, joyful, all rang of emotions (sometimes within the same day haha)...

My Father has never let me be.

I've learned how to change a tire, make rice, compare prices, keep flowers alive, care for a pet, get a drivers license in another country, use 4 wheel drive, paint a house; grown up as a person. I've learned how to surf, made new friends, learned praise songs in Spanish, found a classical radio station, learned how to get places and how to miss the potholes, started a new chapter in my life...

He's never left my side.

Thanks to God, I've deepened my relationship with Christ by learning more about JESUS, the person I say I worship with my life. I've been welcomed into families homes, their hearts as well. God has given me opportunities in ministry to share more about who He is. My disciple is investing in others to pass Christ on...

He's always here and only He changes His children.

I've finally had the opportunity to do what I've always desired to do. He's so good to me...What have I done to deserve such love?!


Psalm 40: 5 "Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."

No comments: