Monday, August 23, 2010

renewing my visa in Nicaragua

For the last 3 days, I've been on the Ometepe Island, Nicaragua. I have to leave Costa Rica every 3 months to renew my visa here. So I headed to an island located in the South of Nicaragua, right in Nicaragua Lake.
Beautiful river? Nope, I'm on the bus headed out. The bus driver and others got out and made a bridge of rocks. Rainy season is pretty intense in Nicaragua just like Costa Rica.

What an adventure! 2 flat tires on a public bus within 30 mins. Just part of it all! :)


There are two volcanoes on the island called Volcan Concepcion and Volcan Maderas. There were signs in several places like this one..."Evacuation Route" Considering public transportation, I think that if the volcanoes errupt, the people are a little doomed...


We kayaked out to Monkey Island. It's hard to see but there are monkeys there. We couldn't get too close because the monkeys are mean. If you get too close, they bite and throw their poop at you haha... literally.

Kayaking view...


Neat drink that's a crazy color. I forgot the name of the fruit. It's yummy.

We saw petrographics from natives who used to live on the island.



I'm grateful for having to renew my visa:) Back to work here in Costa Rica...I'll keep you updated!! :)

No comments: