Wednesday, March 23, 2011

it's been so long

I'm so embarassed that it has been so long since I've posted a blog. What happens is, I think...there's so much to say! and so little time to post it. That's silly but I'll try to catch you up.



Starting 2 weeks ago, we started a study of the life of Christ here in my house every Saturday afternoon. It is a great chance to disciple some of these ladies in the precario neighborhood more deeply. I'm excited for the group because it is small and very intimate because it's in my house. And best of all, NO DISTRACTIONS! No kids, dogs, errands, etc. I have a captive audience for 2 hours and it's amazing.

Updates on disciples YOU'VE been praying for in the past or present:

Cinthya: since she started working, hasn't really had time or interest in discipleship. I try to love her and be there for here, but she's going to be gone for 9 months working on a cruise so it's been kind of difficult to see her. I still call her but it doesn't seem like the desire is there to go deeper in the Word, weekly

Nati: just started college 2 weeks ago, she's studying nutrition in hopes to use it on the mission field if God calls her there one day, she's growing as a person and as a Christian, learning to make her relationship with God first priority; we meet Wednesdays to study John

Melissa:for a while, I tried to disciple (study God's word together) with this friend of mine but she works so much she could never find time to prioritize it into her schedule

Angelica: a friend in the precario neighborhood, one of the only ladies I know who's married there, we met for a few months, deeping our love for Christ through a study of His life, and then she told me she couldn't continue because she had found work. Later, I found out that wasn't exactly true :(

Kristal: a friend, single-mom, 20, though she works full-time, studies, and is a mom, she always finds time for us to meet; we are studying John together on Tuesday nights and she is trying to find time in her crazy life to spend more time with God.


Gerlynn: a friend from the precario neighborhood, 12 years old; we meet Monday mornings; right now, we're still just getting to know one another, because she's suppper quiet; I'm praying to figure out what to study with her; I hope to help her build her self-esteem which is really low


Jahiara: from our leadership group up from the precario, she's a leader in the small church but before our discipleship time, no one was pouring into her; I'm excited to help her grow as a leader so that she will feel confident in her faith and sharing it with others; we meet Thursday afternoons
I'm grateful for the ladies I disciple and for those that can't right now in their lives, I still pray for because maybe one day it will work out in their schedules and lives. They are all special people that GOD is working in personally every day.

This Sunday, we did another garage sale of donated clothes. The money will be devided amongst the women so that they can buy school supplies for their kids. Some the books their kids need are like $30...a whole lot for public school and a low-income community...it was a success to see the ladies participating and enjoying community...
















Last night, we had a surprise baby shower for one of the ladies in our leadership group in the community of the Isla...

She was so moved and thankful for our gift to her. It's been busy lately!!!

No comments: