The other day I was listening to an extremely old CD from the Newsboys. I loved their music back in high school, but there is one song that I continue to love. The chorus really reaches the heart:
"When You called my name
I didn't know how far the calling went
When You called my name
I didn't know what that word really meant
When I recall
Your call I feel
So small"
I feel like I'm right on the same page with these words in my life. Deciding to marry a missionary and be a missionary and live in another country and a million other things, I never expected in my life. I accepted Christ on an FCA retreat my freshman year in high school. That moment was a turning point in my life, but when I look back on that day in the auditorium, I realize I was a 14 year old know-nothing! I was and am so SMALL. I drop in an endless ocean of people in the world. I knew that it was the moment to really take Christ seriously, but where He has taken me and what He's done through me, words cannot express. It's like when Jesus called the disciples, he explained a lot to them, but instead of revealing everything he was about to do and everything he is, he let them join in and experience this Savior for themselves. What a gift!
Life lately has been a lot of preparation. I get married in 3 months so there are plenty of details that keep me busy. Discipleships are going well and I'm trying to learn to be like Jesus and ask a lot of intentional questions in the lives of my disciples. It's just like college: in your spirituality you have to think for yourself, not just listen...we do that through questions and really spinning things around in our heads. If you try to pass classes in college by memorization, you'll never make it. It's about application...Pray for the precario neighborhood. We're having trouble motivating the ladies to come to Bible Study.
My prayer everyday is, "God, give me hope and a future." What does that mean?
Guide my ministry: where to go and what to say and when to be quiet.
Give me peace: to trust that God is good and wants to bless my life and bless others through me
Take steps of faith: trust that God has the BEST in His plans, present and future for me
To have hope: to NEVER GIVE UP on God's children because it is HIM working in them, not me
I pray the same for you:
May God give you hope and a future!! He is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment