Saturday, November 24, 2012

Turkey Turkey...

Happy Thanksgiving!! I know Thanksgiving is a North American holiday, but this year we made the day a multicultural celebration! What a great time was had!! We invited a group of friends Ticos and friends from the states. The day started early with just Chino and myself, Nikki, and Greg.

 Here I am with Nikki and Greg, my friends from church. We slaved away in the kitchen and helped make it a special day. We enjoyed making all kinds of holiday favorites. We were in charge of most of the cooking!
 I made my now World-Famous deviled eggs, which I ended up forgetting in the refrigerator! haha
 Chino and I on Thanksgiving morning. He still has his morning afro ;)
Chino SAVED THE DAY for us by finding Macy's Thanksgivings Day Parade online! We watched it live!
 Nikki hard at work with the carrots! I made my friend's grandma's recipe and it was amazing!
 As always, you have to taste test.
PUMPKIN  PIE! The best I've ever had..
 As a group, we did a bilingual time of sharing what we are thankful for this Thanksgiving.
 Some great ladies from church and ministry. I'm thankful for them!
Thanksgiving was a success and we're thankful for the community where God has us right now. Happy Thanksgiving! Please pray for us this week, as we gather presents and donations of all sorts for our Christmas party for the Isla coming up soon!

No comments: