Monday, November 8, 2010
nice words can change a life....
Sunday, I went to church and breakfast with a friend in the ladies group. She hasn't been coming in a while, so I wanted to talk to her and find out what has been going on. She's made some tough decisions in her life. She's 18 and has a 1 and 1/2 year old little girl. She lives with her boyfriend, whom she wants to marry but doesn't have the money right now. She met with me because she wanted to see if I could give her mom diapers and milk for her baby because she doesn't have any. We talked about going to look for a job in my car this Friday. I was happy to help her and we talked about the biggest gift that she can give to her daughter: love and a love for God. We read some about what Biblical love means and I told her that she was doing a good job as a mother in the circumstance where she is. There are things God needs to work out in her life but just like in mine and everyone. She's doing her best to follow God: it's a process. She was so sweet. Tears filled her eyes. I don't think anyone had EVER said that to her. There are such POWER in positive words. I think those words, she'll never forget. Don't underestimate positive words. They could just change your life...or someone elses...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Truth!! possitive truth!!
Post a Comment