Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No one speaks like this man...

I just started my day listening to my favorite author, John Piper. He is also a pastor, so I downloaded his sermon and began my day with a smile on my face. You can download it too:
http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/sermons/no-one-ever-spoke-like-this-man#/watch/full

It is impactful to think about the way Jesus spoke. Supposedly, the officers were going to bring him in to arrest him and showed up empty handed. John 7:46, "“No one ever spoke the way this man does,” the guards replied. He claimed to be living water, to raise the dead, that he was the only way to the Father, and that he came to die for his sheep (to name a few!) NO ONE has ever spoken like this man.

I pray that I might speak like Jesus spoke so that others would agree, NO ONE has loved me like THIS man!

No comments: